When I begin to feel the pressure of the season I stop and prioritize but one thing that I keep at the top of my list is serving others. I mentioned to you in my last blog that I will be a "secret Santa" to a woman in a local nursing home plus I also will be helping a little boy learn how to read over the holiday break. I want to give you suggestions on how you can give this season without spending a penny!
If you find something on the list that appeals to you make sure that you make a plan of action and follow through! I promise that you will be blessed more than the person that you are giving to. It truly is better to give than to receive.
1. Offer to babysit someone's child while they go preparing for the holiday.
2. Create a photo collage of a special person and post it on a social media page for the holidays. Add borders and clip art to make it festive.
3. Write letters of love and encouragement to friends and family telling them how special they are to you or send them a festive e-card. There are so many free interactive cards to send now through email or social media sights!
4. Give a gift of art by painting or drawing something for someone special.
5. Take a bunch of family photos and make an iMovie for your family. Add sentimental music to the movie so it has a special feel.
6. Record yourself singing a song and send it to someone special.
7. Clean the house or wash the car for your family as a gift.
8. Visit a nursing home just to bless a lonely elderly person. Maybe organize a caroling group and bless them with songs.
I could go on and on of all the ways that you can give this holiday season without spending money. Think about it, make a plan of action and follow through! Then tell me about it so I can be especially proud of you. Love, Ms. B.